Friday 3 May 2013

SFF - Venue Shorts


Hi everyone, I’m Selcuk and like Laura, this is my first year working at the festival. It’s less than a fortnight until it all kicks off and I hope you’ve had a chance to browse through our programme and pick what events you’re coming to.  

Myself and a few of the other volunteers have grouped together to make a couple of shorts for you that will showcase some of the venues being used at this years’ festival, namely Scotland St School Museum, Govanhill Baths and the grand Pollok House (as well as others). Below is a photo of us filming the charismatic (and slightly scary) heedie who, before this photo was taken, had us doing star jumps and marching on the spot - screeching out that we were the worst pupils he had seen in years! 


Going down to Scotland St brought back great childhood memories of visiting the museum with my classmates, I hope you’ll be able to get down there during the festival.

Today, we are filming at Govanhill Baths – I can’t quite contain or explain my excitement at the prospect of standing in an empty swimming pool! Is that a bit weird? Here is a photo taken by David Cherry (a fellow SFF volunteer) during the pool’s transformation from hollow bath to theatre stage – pretty cool eh? 


We are screening a selection of short films in the baths, starting at 9:30pm on Saturday 18th May – I’ll see you there.

We will post the links to all of the shorts, hopefully very soon - so keep your eyes peeled!

So far, working at the festival has made me realise that I’m guilty of taking for granted what brilliant spaces we have here in the Southside that can be utilised. I’m looking forward to revisiting these venues and in what better way to enjoy them than through film.

Tweet me: @selcuk_m – I’m always up for a chat! Let me know what you’re coming to see at the festival. 
#SFF13 #SouthsideFilm 

No comments:

Post a Comment