Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Updates and news

Pulling some of the news and updates on events and screenings that have been added to the website this week:


Events & Films
The programme for the Southside Filmmakers Screening & Award has been announced here and includes documentaries, music videos, dramas and black comedy.


Press & publicity
  • The festival got a mention in the Sunday Mail today on pg 29 under the headline "swim pool Cannes do as venue for film fest"!  Randomly you can view the article here via the California Chronicle.
  • Sergio Casci has expressed his pride in the festival "as a Southsider born and bred I’m immensely proud to be taking part in the first-ever Southside Film Festival. I fell in love with cinema at the Toledo in Muirend and always dreamed of seeing one of my own films there. Though the closure of that wonderful old theatre ten years ago scuppered my ambition, Karen O’Hare’s fabulous new venture means that I will at last be able to watch the first film I ever wrote – American Cousins – in the place where I grew up."
  • Karen was interviewed by Mark Davidson about the festival for Reel Scotland read it here
Tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment