Events & Films
The programme for the Southside Filmmakers Screening & Award has been announced here and includes documentaries, music videos, dramas and black comedy.
Press & publicity
- Karen will be on the Movie Cafe tomorrow at 13:15 on BBC Radio Scotland to discuss the festival and will also be appearing in the Fred McCauley What's On Guide on Friday.
- The festival got a mention in the Sunday Mail today on pg 29 under the headline "swim pool Cannes do as venue for film fest"! Randomly you can view the article here via the California Chronicle.
- Sergio Casci has expressed his pride in the festival "as a Southsider born and bred I’m immensely proud to be taking part in the first-ever Southside Film Festival. I fell in love with cinema at the Toledo in Muirend and always dreamed of seeing one of my own films there. Though the closure of that wonderful old theatre ten years ago scuppered my ambition, Karen O’Hare’s fabulous new venture means that I will at last be able to watch the first film I ever wrote – American Cousins – in the place where I grew up."
- Tickets for Peter Mullan's shorts Close and Fridge are available now at Pollokshaws Burgh Hall
- Tickets for The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes are now available from Young's Interesting Books on Skirving Street.
- Tickets for Nosferatu are available in advance now from Pollokshaws Burgh Hall (Mon-Fri 9-5, for other times please call in advance)
- Tickets for the Movie & Meal deal for American Cousins are available from Bellinis now